Since September 2021: Departmental Lecturer in Applied Linguistics, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
- MSc Applied Linguistics & Second Language Acquisition (ALSLA): Communication of Meaning (HT 2022); Foundations of Second Language Acquisition Theory (MT 2021 and MT 2022); Vocabulary Acquisition (MT 2021 and MT 2022).
- MSc Applied Linguistics for Language Teaching (ALLT): Listening & Reading Processes (MT 2021), Learning & Teaching Vocabulary (MT 2022).
- MSc ALSLA & ALLT: 9 students (completed), 14 students (in progress)
- DPhil in Education: 1 student (in progress)
- Creative Approaches to Teaching English (CreATE) Group Lead
- Applied Linguistics Research Group Member
- Administrative Duties
- Member of the Applied Linguistics Admissions Team
- Member of the Applied Linguistics Exam Board
September 2020-August 2021: Doctoral Teaching Fellow in Applied Linguistics, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
- MSc ALSLA: Introduction to Quantitative Methods; Intermediate Quantitative Methods; Individual and Group Differences (ad hoc); First Language Acquisition and Bilingualism (ad hoc).
- MSc ALLT: Vocabulary Acquisition.
September 2018-August 2020: Tutor in Applied Linguistics, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
- MSc ALSLA: SPSS Statistics Lab (2019-2020); Critical Reading & Writing (2018-2019).
- MSc ALLT: Teaching Speaking and Writing (Hilary Term 2019); New Technologies, Language Learning & Teaching (Michaelmas Term 2018).
- 2017-2021: DPhil in Education (Applied Linguistics), Department of Education and St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford.
- 2015-2016: MSc in Applied Linguistics & Second Language Acquisition, Department of Education and St Catherine's College, University of Oxford [Distinction].
- 2011-2015: BA in Linguistics (Year Abroad Programme), Department of Linguistics, Division of Psychology and Language Sciences, University College London [1st Class Honours].
- 2017-2020: Diploma in Acting, Theatre Lab Company (Completed in 2021 due to COVID-19).
- 2013: Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA), Centre for Languages and International Education, University College London [Pass B].
- "Improving the oral language skills of children with English as an Additional Language through a drama-based intervention" (£44,676.39). Funding Scheme: John Fell Fund. Role: PI (Co-I: V.A. Murphy). Funding Period: September 2022 – August 2023.
- "Setting Research Priorities for English as an Additional Language" (£3,870). Funding Scheme: BAAL Applying Linguistics Fund. Role: RA (PI: V.A. Murphy, Co-I: H. Chalmers). Funding Period: August 2020 – July 2021.
- "From the page to the stage: A feasibility study on using theatre to improve EAL children’s communicative skills" (£2,996). Funding Scheme: TORCH Theatres Seed Fund 2019-2020. Role: Co-I (PI: V.A. Murphy). Funding Period: January 2020 – March 2020 (Interrupted due to COVID-19).
Scholarships and Awards
- May 2021: Nomination for the Yidan Prize Doctoral Award, Yidan Prize Foundation.
- September 2017-September 2021: 4-Year Full Scholarship, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Grand Union Doctoral Training Partnership.
- September 2017-June 2019: Masterclass Award, St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford.
- June 2017: Student Staff Bronze Award, Student Union, University College London.
- September 2016: The Master's Academic Excellence Award, St Catherine's College, University of Oxford.
- September 2013-June 2014: Erasmus+ Grant, University College London.
- February 2019-August 2021: Admissions Officer for the MSc in Applied Linguistics & Second Language Acquisition, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
- October 2018-October 2019: Chair of the Joint Consultative Committee, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
- October 2017-October 2020: Student Representative in the Joint Consultative Committee, Department of Education, University of Oxford.
Seminar and Conference Organisation
- September 2020-December 2022: Oxford Applied Linguistics Seminar Series, Department of Education, University of Oxford [Organiser & Convener].
- July 2019: BAAL LKALE SIG Annual Conference 2019: Developing Reading, St Anne's College, University of Oxford [Organising Committee Member].
- March 2019: STORIES Conference 2019: Inclusivity, Department of Education, University of Oxford [Organising Committee Vice-Chair].
- February 2019: ConSOLE XXVII 2019, Research Unit in Experimental Syntax and Heritage Languages, University of Humboldt [Scientific Committee Member].
- March 2018: STORIES Conference 2018: Technology Matters, Department of Education, University of Oxford [Organising Committee Member].
- Higher Education Academy - Associate Fellow
- British Association of Applied Linguistics (BAAL) - Member
- European Early Childhood Education Research Association (EECERA) - Member
- Early Language Learning & Multilingual Education (ELLME) Network - Executive Board Member
- European Second Language Association (EuroSLA) - Member
- National Association of Language Development in the Curriculum (NALDIC) - Member
- Bilingualism: Language & Cognition
- International Journal of Bilingual Education & Bilingualism
- The Language Learning Journal
- Greek (Native)
- English (Near-native)
- French (Intermediate, CEFR Level B2)
- Spanish (Intermediate, CEFR Level B2)
- Dutch (Beginner)